APPLY LAMPSHADE LINING TO FABRIC - (Our Method)
- Lay the lampshade lining on top of the fabric panel adhesive side down.
- Peel the adhesive cover away from the lining panel.
- Stick the lampshade lining centre panel to the fabric centrally along the marked pencil line.
- Trim the fabric flush at one end (inside edge of join)
- Trim the fabric leaving a 5mm excess at the other end (outside edge of join)
- Neatly cut along the top and bottom of the liner (leave an extra 3mm of fabric top and bottom for 2cm at the outside edge end) - see diagram.
PREP THE FABRIC/LINER
- Bend the top and bottom edge strips of the liner back (along the score lines) until they crack/fold.
- Gently peal the edge strips away from the fabric (take your time to prevent fraying).
- Lay the lined fabric panel, fabric facing down.
- Stick red adhesive tape to the edge of the liner panel that has the excess 5mm of fabric. Peal the cover off the tape, fold the excess 5mm over and stick it down onto the tape to form a neat edge.
- Stick another layer of red adhesive tape on top of the folded over fabric leaving the cover paper on the tape. This tape will stick the seam together later.