Step 1: Prepare the Fabric Panel
In the kit you'll find
- 1 Lampshade lining panel (adhesive backed)
- 2 Frame rings (one with holder)
- 1 Roll of frame tape
- 1 Packing tool
- 1 Set of instructions
You will also need your fabric, scissors and fabric glue if you are applying a trim.
PREPARE THE FABRIC
- Press your fabric .
- Cut the fabric panel down to a workable size* taking into account the positioning of any pattern on the shade.
- Place the fabric face down on the table.
- Check you are happy with the fabric's grain and the position of a stripe or pattern.
- Mark a guide line along the bottom the edge of the lining onto the fabric with a pencil. Also mark a start position if you are placing a pattern.
- Smooth the fabric out flat (tape it down onto the table with masking tape or use clamps if necessary).
This video shows
- Pressing the fabric.
- Placing a pattern.
- Marking out the fabric.