Step 4: Finishing the Shade
TIDY THE EDGES
- Fold over the excess fabric so it covers the inside of both the lampshade rings .
- Snip the fabric near the frame spokes to neatly tuck around.
- Use the serrated edge of the packing tool provided to carefully push the excess fabric behind the rings.
- Use the smooth side of the tool to finish the tucking in and run it around the inside of both rings.
This video shows
- Making a drum shaped lampshade, it is the same method for a cone shaped shade at this stage.
- Snipping around the spokes.
- How to fold and tidy the edges.