Step 1: Prepare the Fabric Panel
In the kit you'll find
- 1 Lampshade lining panel (adhesive backed)
- 2 Frame rings (one with holder)
- 1 Roll of frame tape
- 1 Packing tool
- 1 Set of instructions
You will also need your fabric, scissors and fabric glue if you are applying a trim.
PREPARE THE FABRIC
- Press your fabric .
- Cut the fabric panel down to a workable size* taking into account the positioning of any pattern on the shade.
- Place the fabric face down on the table.
- Check you are happy with the fabric's grain and the position of a stripe or pattern.
- Mark a start position of the liner on the fabric with a pencil, to make sure the liner is contained within the fabric when layed out flat.
- Smooth the fabric out flat (tape it down onto the table with masking tape or use clamps if necessary).
This video shows
- Making a drum shaped lampshade plus differences for a cone shaped shade .
- Pressing the fabric.
- Marking out the fabric.