Step 3: Attaching the Rings
ATTACH THE RINGS
- Apply tape to the outside edges of the rings.
- On the double ring you ONLY apply tape to the larger of the 2 rings. (the smaller ring will be inside the lampshade and a "spider" bracket or frame holder attaches to it)
- Roll the tape around the rings.
- Remove the cover paper from the tapes on the rings.
- Starting at the end of the fabric panel that doesn't have the red seam tape, stick the first ring onto the PVC edge of the panel (not the fabric).
- Stick the other ring on the opposite edge.
- Make sure the lampshade holder ring is inside the lampshade.
- Roll both rings around the panel keeping the ring inline with the PVC edge.
- With a cone shaped lampshade the rings are at angle to the liner when rolling on.
- When you get to the overlap.
- Remove the cover paper from the seam edge tape.
- Overlap the panel and press the seam together.
This video shows
- Making a drum shaped lampshade plus differences for a cone shaped shade .
- Applying tape to the rings.
- Ring placement on the liner (very important).
- Rolling the rings onto the panel.
- Joining the seam.