Fix your curtain pole or track in position.
- Measure Pole length - the length of the track or pole excluding finials or end caps.
- Decide on where you want the curtain to finish - eg whether to the sill, to the floor or over long etc.
- Measure the Hook Drop
- The distance from the curtain ring eye where the curtain hook attaches to the pole down to where the curtain length will finish.
- Measure Hook to Top - The distance from the curtain ring eye up to where you want the top of the curtain to finish.*
This video shows you
- How to measure pole length.
- How to measure hook drop.
- How to measure hook to top.
* HOOK TO TOP CONSIDERATIONS.
Most people instinctively think you should cover the pole or track with the curtain, however choosing a high hook to top measurement can cause the curtain to hit the pole/track when stacking back pushing the curtain forward between the pleats when the curtains are pulled back.
Some people like their curtains to stack forward especially if you are covering a track but your pleat spaces need to be proportionate to you pleats otherwise they will stick forward too much.