Step 3: Attaching the Rings
ATTACH THE RINGS
- Fold the fabric along the vertical score lines on the liner so your corners will be crisp.
- **** WARNING ***** If you have a patterned fabric make sure you get it the right way up. The ring with the lampshade holder bracket will be at the bottom of a table lamp lampshade and at the top of a ceiling lampshade.
- Apply tape to the outside edges of the rings.
- Roll the tape around the rings.
- Remove the cover paper from the tapes on the rings.
- Starting at the end of the fabric panel that doesn't have the seam tape, stick the first ring onto the PVC edge of the panel (not the fabric). Make sure the ring corner is aligned with the first score line.
- Stick the other ring on the opposite edge.
- Make sure the lampshade holder bracket is inside the lampshade.
- Roll both rings around the panel keeping the ring inline with the PVC edge.
- Check your frame corners are lining up with the score lines.
- When you get to the overlap.
- Remove the cover paper from the red seam edge tape.
- Overlap the panel and press the seam together.
This video shows
- Making a drum shaped lampshade plus some small differences for a square shaped shade.
- Applying tape to the rings.
- Folding along the score lines for a square lampshade.
- Ring placement on the liner (very important).
- Rolling the rings onto the panel.
- Aligning the corners with the score lines - square lampshade.
- Joining the seam.