- Select either Lined or Interlined curtains
- Curtains 1.5m or shorter have a fabric double 8cm hem, lining double 6cm hem.
- Curtains over 1.5m in length have a fabric double 10cm hem, lining double 8cm hem.
- Calculator defaults to rounding the number of fabric widths UP to the nearest whole number. If the resultant Actual fullness ratio is too high select the option to round DOWN to the nearest whole number and re-calculate. Then check if this lower Actual fullness ratio is more suitable.
- 5cm trimming allowance on lining cut drops
- 10cm trimming allowance on interlining cut drops
- 5cm trimming allowance on plain fabric cut drops (note not included for pattern fabrics as adjusted cut drops are usually longer than required)
- Results are rounded up to nearest 10cm (0.1m)
- Lining is assumed to be a similar width to the fabric.
This curtain fabric calculator is based on making curtains using the heading and hem allowances in our online tutorials. Full written explainations of the calculations the calculator is based on are given in the tutorials on this website.NOTE: Our goal is to make the Fabric Calculator as accurate and helpful as possible, but please double-check all results thoroughly. (see terms).
Making your own curtains?
Find full FREE written instructions and your questions answered here in our online tutorials.