How to use this Calculator
- Enter the following values in cms.
- Finished Blind Length
- Headrail Allowance*
- Select a number of Pleat Sections (must be an odd number)
- Press "Enter" to calculate
- If necessary change the number of Pleat Sections and/or headrail allowance and recalculate until you find the best "Top Pleat Section length" for your blind.
- Varying the Headrail allowance will help you get the "Top Pleat Section" depth right. (Caution: If you make the headrail allowance too small the blind may not pull up properly * )
- Note the more pleat sections you use the thicker the blind will be when pulled up. (using too many may cause problems, with the blind sticking outwards when pulled up)
* Please see our BLOG item Headrail allowance explained for more information on headrail allowances.
Making your own Blind? Learn How to get a professional Finish
This blind calculator is designed to compliment our free tutorial instructions on how to make a lined or interlined Roman Blind. Follow our tutorials to make your blind the same way it is made in our Professional workshop.